Website Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation
About the Foundation
The mission of the Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation is to help students in financial hardship receive a high quality, vocational educational qualification, at Chisholm Institute.
The Trust was established in the spirit of Caroline Chisholm, to support current and potential future students of Chisholm Institute who, due to financial or other forms of hardship, might otherwise not have access to education and training and higher education.
Established in 2005, the Foundation is an independent charitable trust, initiated and supported by Chisholm Institute, the largest vocational education provider in Melbourne’s south-east.
The Foundation is administered by an independent Board of Trustees with members from the community, local companies and Chisholm Institute. The Board’s role is to provide good governance and support to the Foundation administration and to assist with profile and fundraising activities.
One hundred per cent of funds raised are allocated to education scholarships for students suffering financial hardship.
This is made possible through the financial support of Chisholm Institute that takes responsibility for all administrative costs.
Funds for the Foundation are derived from many sources, including philanthropic grants, donations from private, public and community groups such as Rotary and Lions Clubs in the region, and fundraising events.
As the objective of the Foundation is to help and support students in financial hardship, funds raised are quickly reallocated to scholarships. The CCEF is supported by an Executive Officer and Administration Officer.
About SMP (Southern Mornington Peninsula) and WP (Westernport) Connect
Southern Mornington Peninsula (SMP) Connect and Western Port (WP) Connect are ‘grass roots’ community partnerships between the Chisholm Institute, its charity the CCEF, businesses, community organisations, networks and individuals to provide vocational training scholarships to youth and adults who experience hardship.
The Foundation’s SMP Connect and WP Connect community partnerships provide the opportunity for residents experiencing financial or other forms of hardship to obtain a vocational education scholarship to study for a tertiary qualification at Chisholm Institute.
The main role is to:
· Work closely with the CCEF Executive Officer and Chisholm’s Rosebud Campus Regional Manager.
· Identify opportunities for financial support from local organisations/groups and individuals.
· Make presentations to businesses and community organisations.
· Develop a positive relationship with members of target groups who may benefit from financial assistance to re-enter education.
· Develop a positive relationship with organisations that service the community’s disadvantaged.
· Maintain a record of interactions with actual and potential donors.
· Chair the SMP & WP Connect Advisory Committees (2 meetings a year)
· Assist the CCEF Executive Officer organise the Annual Big Thank You.
· Understand and facilitate the way the Foundation’s community partnerships function.
· Embrace the principles of social justice.
· Have connections with the Mornington Peninsula community.
· Advocate and foster support for Chisholm Institute & Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation; acting to strengthen the presence and reputation of both organisations.
About the Board of Trustees
The Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation Board of Trustees consists of Chisholm: CEO and CFO
(or nominee), staff representative an Institute Board member, business leaders and community members.
There are (4) four meetings per year, normally Wednesday mornings 8.00am – 10.00am.
· Attendance whenever possible at fundraising events and donor Thank You events – 2 per year.
· Appointment is for 3 years and can be reappointed.
· Reports to – Chairperson CCEF Board of Trustees
· Salary – Voluntary appointment
How to apply
The Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation is seeking expressions of interest for one SMP and WP Connect Volunteer.
To apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
· Cover letter detailing demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge would suit this role.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Farrah Buckland, Executive Officer, Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation – email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be notified by email. Appointment is subject to Board Approval.
Please note: Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation works with young people and as such a valid Working with Children Check and Police Check will be required for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org