Website Central Bayside Community Health Services
Time for a positive change? Connect with your community and make a positive impact to someone in need. Commence remotely
Hello! I’m Sally. I recruit our fabulous new Volunteer Community Visitors. The rise of the pandemic has inspired many of us re-evaluate what we want to do with our time and how we want to live our lives. Many people are looking to step back from their stressful corporate jobs and engage in something more meaningful. Some want to model to their children how to help their community and those who were struggling. Some feel lonely or isolated themselves and want to find connection.
Does any of this ring true for you as well? Joining our wonderful program might be just the thing you’re looking for!
Who are we?
Central Bayside Community Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of services to support healthy living, general wellbeing and social connection in our community. The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) is a government-funded program that matches a volunteer visitor with a lonely or isolated person living in an aged care facility or in their own home. Volunteers make regular visits, which are purely social, and intend to develop an ongoing friendship and social connectedness.
Our volunteers are parents, retirees, full time workers, students, doctors, IT professionals, yoga teachers, grandparents, engineers, hospitality workers and people taking a career break. They are diverse in age, culture and experience but they are all AMAZING! The one thing they do have in common is that they want to make a difference and do something positive for their community. And that’s exactly what they do!
Whilst you will be making a positive impact to someone’s life, there are so many good things that come out of it for YOU! You make a wonderful new friend, you gain experience, you become part of a fabulous team (that’s us J), and you receive training, join in events and gain an even greater knowledge of your local community! All very yay!
Whom will you visit? Meet some of our wonderful Recipients –
· Jim has been so lonely ever since his family moved away. He loves being outside and showing people his beautiful garden that he is so proud of.
· Sue is living with quite advanced dementia. She lives in an aged care facility where she is well cared for but she does not receive any visitors. Patricia has always loved pets and although she isn’t able to communicate very well any more, meeting you and your pet would bring her so much joy.
· Kathy has been afraid to venture too far from her home since COVID hit. She has become very isolated from her community. Kathy would benefit greatly from a visitor who could chat to her in her first language (Greek) and share her love of cooking and culture!
What you need to know
. Our recruitment process is flexible to be completed remotely.
· Visits are in the Kingston and Bayside areas and may commence remotely from home, with the intention of occurring face to face when appropriate.
· A minimum commitment of 12 months is required
· Visits occur once a fortnight or weekly at a time that suits you and your older friend.
· All volunteers must be fully vaccinated and complete a police check and training prior to commencement.
Apply now or learn more about Central Bayside Community Health Services and the Community Visitor Scheme by contacting us or visiting our website:
Ph: 8587 0322
To apply for this job please visit www.cbchs.org.au.