Website Elder Rights Advocacy
Provide social support to an elderly client of ERA
Volunteering with Elder Rights Advocacy helps improve the health and wellbeing of older Victorian’s. It’s also a great opportunity for you to gain personal satisfaction, contribute your talents and experience and gain new skills.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in visiting older people living in residential aged care or at home. If you are friendly, love a chat and can commit to visiting someone regularly please get in touch.
You will be introduced to an older person in their home or aged care facility who is experiencing feelings of social isolation. Through your ongoing visits, you will build a meaningful friendship, reduce feelings of loneliness and encourage social connection.
– Visit one-on-one with an older person on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
– Undertake activities that are of interest to the participant. This this may include listening to music together, playing cards or board games, or simply having a chat.
– Outings are also possible once ongoing visits are well established.
– Maintain regular communication with the program staff.
– Record and submit monthly reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– A genuine interest in building friendship and social connections with older people to ease social isolation.
– Have an understanding of the complex health issues faced by people as they age and use this understanding and empathy during your visits.
– Effective social skills; can listen and chat to engage with people possibly from a diverse cultural
background and who may be experiencing loneliness.
– Ability to maintain clear boundaries and confidentiality
– Are mature, reliable and have confidence to work independently without direct supervision and to seek support and guidance as required.
For further information, questions or queries contact 1800 022 887 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com