Website Family Life
Family Life has been working with vulnerable children, families and communities since 1970. At the core of our organisation is our vision to build capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
As an organisation we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We value, respect, and listen to people who are culturally and/or linguistically diverse, gender and sexually diverse and people with a disability.
Family Life has multiple Community Opportunity Shops located across the Bayside region of Melbourne. These community-hubs are vibrant spaces, each shop playing an important role in the lives of the community of which they are a part. The Volunteer Retail Assistants help raise funds to support Family Life’s services by assisting in the day to day operations of our Community Opportunity Shops. Make a positive difference and support your local community.
Family Life was founded by volunteers and they continue to play a key role in making a positive difference in supporting our community.
Become a Volunteer Retail Assistant
Passionate about recycling? Or perhaps, looking for a way to connect with others or learn new skills? We are on the lookout for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers for our brand new Community Op Shop in Rosebud. The new Mornington store will be a vibrant community hub for locals to connect and shop. If you have a free morning or afternoon each week or fortnight (or more!), please join us.
- 4 hours per week, days to suit
- Enthusiastic and team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication skills and customer friendly attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to take initiative and know when to take direction
- Ability to work with people of a diverse background and with diverse needs
- Retail experience preferred, but not necessary
- Induction will be provided.
- As part of the application process you will be asked to agree to Family Life Policies, Volunteer Agreement and Volunteer Position Description.
- You will be offered ongoing support to ensure you are comfortable and happy in your volunteer role.
To make an application
Click here to complete the online Volunteer Expression of Interest.
If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Phone the Volunteer Coordinator on 03 8599 5433
4 hours per week, days to suit
Background Checks Required
Working with Children Check, *Police Check (*May be arranged via the organisation. Details to be provided upon expression of interest).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com