Website Foodbank Victoria
Our vision is to make healthy food available to all
We are currently seeking Volunteer Assistants to support our Program Facilitators in delivering our Cooking Classes Program to students and parents/guardians in schools across greater Melbourne, with an immediate need in the Tootgarook area. Classes teach participants to cook and enjoy healthy, low-cost meals as a family.
The immediate opportunity is for Term 3, and will run for 4 weeks, Tuesdays – 22 & 29 August and 5 & 12 September 2.30pm to 5.30pm approximately.
**Tasks and responsibilities may include:**
– loading and unloading vehicle with required cooking equipment and produce
– setting up cooking equipment in allocated cooking spaces and packing up at the end of class
– general cleaning
– mise en place (e.g. washing, cutting up and cooking produce, opening packaging)
– supervising and assisting participants in recipe preparation (e.g. reading recipes, reiterating cooking skills, knife and food safety etc.)
– being a positive role model for participants, and promoting the benefits of nutritious home-cooked meals and families connecting through shared meals
**We are looking for a volunteer who:**
– has excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
– is reliable and able to commit to 1 class per week for 4 weeks
– has excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
– is able to work both independently and as part of a team
– is comfortable talking to groups in an engaging, respectful, patient and inclusive manner
– has a genuine interest in cooking, nutrition and helping others
– Student or professional with experience in nutrition, dietetics, cooking or teaching would be highly regarded, but not essential.
Upon expressing your interest in this role, our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch shortly after regarding your application. Please note you MUST have a current Working with Children Card in place.
If you would like to help and make a real difference to the lives of Victorians doing tough, we would love to hear from you. Thank you.
To apply for this job please visit bttr.im.