Provide social support and companionship to a person aged 65 years and above. You will help to ease feelings of social isolation and brighten their day!
Support an older person to have increased social participation and stay connected to their community. Home visits, and/or local community outings, will help your client to maintain their community links and reach their goals. With some fun and laughter along the way!
genU will match you with an elderly community member. Based on your shared interests, location and life experiences, so that you can build a positive connection. Through offering your time you will contribute to the wellbeing and happiness of an individual.
- Meet someone new
- Be a part of a meaningful activity to improve an individual’s quality of life and combat social isolation.
- Join a community of volunteers making a difference in your local area.
- Ongoing support and training.
- Welcomed into genU’s friendly and inclusive workplace.
- Enjoys spending time with an older person.
- Has excellent story-sharing, empathy and listening skills.
- Is dependable, confident, and able to work independently.
- Have your own car, comprehensive car insurance and full Australian driver’s licence.
Two (2) hours per week between 9:am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday. Hours are flexible and arranged to suit your lifestyle and commitments.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more or want to say hello, contact the genU Volunteers Office on 03 5282 0038.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com