Website Somerville Community House Incorporated
Volunteer Cleaner – Phone 0438 241 134
We value our community and work together as a team at Somerville Community House. We are looking for a volunteer to do some cleaning. If you have general cleaning experience and would like to volunteer your time we would love to hear from you.
Specifically we need someone to:
Provide general cleaning of the facility both inside and outside. You will report to the Manager of the Centre.
· Ensure COVID safe cleaning requirements are followed and completed
· You will be required to complete the DHHS hygiene cleaning module online here at the Centre
· Ensure rooms are presented in a tidy, clean and safe manner
· Set up rooms to meet the needs of the programs
· Vacuum clean and/or mop the room occasionally
· Empty and fill the dishwasher, clean the coffee machine, fridge and wipe the benches as needed
· Wipe down window ledges
Sweep the pathways, the cobwebs and remove the leaves from the entrance ways.
· We provide an air-blower, brooms, long brushes, etc.
· You will need a Working with Children Check (Volunteer) that we can help you attain.
· You will maintain a work safe approach and won’t be lifting anything heavy or climbing any ladders.
· We will provide cleaning products, gloves, masks and anything else required to complete the work safely.
You would be available once or twice a week for at least 3 hours at a time. There is flexibility around days and times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org